Hello,

Any news on these? :)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM,
max@bruningsystems.comwrote:
Hi Piotr,

Piotr Jasiukajtis wrote:
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM, C. wrote:

We should also be able to arrange 1-2 more free trainings in the month of
May. ?Both are yet confirmed, but will probably be OpenSolaris
development
and Perl related. ?(Mostly to show off how our enlighted perl web stack
and
*very* fast perl for OSUNIX) ?Based on
http://www.osunix.org/poll.jspa?poll00 I'll also try to arrange a
dtrace
training session, but not sure should is willing/knowledgeable enough for
this.
What about networking internals and python? :)
I occasionally teach a 5 day course on Solaris network internals. ?I think a
1 day
course on this would either have to be at a very high level, or have to
concentrate
on a specific area.

Here are some ideas:

? - Examination of an existing, gldv3-based network driver.
? - TCP/IP fireengine stack
? - Crossbow implementation
? - TCP/IP 3-way handshake implementation

Out of these, I have not spent much time with Crossbow implementation, so it
would be
nice to learn this (speaking for myself). ?For developers, probably the
examination
of an existing driver would be most useful. ?The TCP/IP fireengine stack
would cover
how TCP/IP is implemented, and how the implementation differs from previous
versions
of Solaris. ?The TCP/IP 3 way handshake stuff would be largely a
dtrace/mdb/snoop
examination of what happens during connection establishment.

I won't be able to do any of this until mid to late May.

Of course, if anyone else wants to tackle any of these, or has other ideas,
please feel free!

max

--
Piotr Jasiukajtis | estibi | SCA OS0072