[Catalyst] Using Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst on a test database

Kieren Diment
Feb 15, 2012 at 10:51 pm

On 16/02/2012, at 9:45 AM, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
On 15/02/12 16:03 Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 03:25:51PM +0000, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
I would like to use Test::WWW::Mechanize::Catalyst with an alternative
database schema (since I want to test reading and writing on a database with
the same schema but known data that is not the live database), but it's not
clear to me from reading the documentation on how to do this, or even if
it's possible.
Very much so. Have you looked at

http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.9002/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/08_Testing.pod#SUPPORTING_BOTH_PRODUCTION_AND_TEST_DATABASES
This isn't working. It's clearly trying to load the myapp_testing.conf file
(because it complains if I put in syntax errors), but the database
connection info is not being overridden, and it's wiping the production
database.
Can you produce a minimal test case demonstrating this and put it on the RT queue for Catalyst::Manual please?

Meanwhile read the email I sent to you privately for a comprehensive rock solid solution which I will finally write up for public consumption :)
reply