[Catalyst] Best way to install upgrade to FC12 (or how to get by a failing CPAN upgrade)

Kieren Diment
Feb 13, 2012 at 6:47 am

On 13/02/2012, at 1:32 PM, Evan Carew wrote:

I have the older Catalyst packages for my stock FC12 laptop installed, and
I've failed to upgrade them twice already. The question I have is what's
the best way to get the latest Catalyst installed on my linux box. Do I
need to clear out perl entirely, and start from scratch, or is there some
not-so-well-known procedure besides CPAN to upgrade to the latest.
1. Compile your own perl to /usr/local/bin or a relocatable perl

1a If relocatable also install and configure local::lib (mainly because of shebang issues and relocatable perl) (optionally install and configure local::lib anyway).

2. Update your PATH variable if necessary.

3. Install App::Cpanminus.

4. Leave the system perl alone for system utilities.
reply

Kieren Diment: 2 posts Evan Carew: 2 posts