Karl,

On 18/05/13 04:20, Karl Rieb wrote:
I am running a RabbitMQ cluster of 4 nodes in AWS EC2 on *c1.xlarge
*instances using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (kernel 3.2.0-38). Periodically two
of my nodes holding the largest queues will crash and require me to
restart the rabbitmq-server service. [...]
exception exit: {{case_clause,{empty,{[],[]}}},
[{rabbit_amqqueue_process,subtract_acks,3,[]},
{rabbit_amqqueue_process,subtract_acks,4,[]},
{rabbit_amqqueue_process,handle_cast,2,[]},
{gen_server2,handle_msg,2,[]},

That's a bug in rabbit. And because it happens in a queue the queue will
disappear.

Getting past that shouldn't require a restart of rabbit though.

To help us track down the cause of the bug, it would be good to know
whether your applications use AMQP transactions.

There are no strange CPU spikes on my EC2 node based on AWS monitoring.

That is almost certainly an unrelated problem.

Matthias.

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedMay 18, '13 at 3:20a