Hi,

I guess that the problem is that the client didn't close the socket when
rebooting, so the broker won't find out that the client is missing until
it tries to send something to it.

The client should enable heartbeats when connecting to the broker (see
the various heartbeat methods in the connection factory classes).
Heartbeats are empty frames that get sent between the broker and client
periodically; if either doesn't respond to a few heartbeats in a row,
the other knows that the connection has failed for some reason and will
close it.

Cheers,
Alex