error on TCP connection <0.265.0>:{ssl_upgrade_error, {eoptions,
{certfile, '/xxx/server/cert.pem'}}}
eoptions means that particular option is incorrect.
{ssl_options, [
{cacertfile, '/xxx/testca/cacert.pem'},
{certfile, '/xxx/server/cert.pem'},
{keyfile, '/xxx/server/key.pem'},
Please use double quotes. So, "/xxx/server/cert.pem", not
'/xxx/server/cert.pem'. The same goes for the other options.

In case you're wondering, it's because in Erlang 'meh' is an atom and
"meh" is a string, and the code there expects a string.

Cheers,
Alex