Hi,
I wonder what does the "state" mean on earth. It is just "the state of the cluster" or includes the messages?
State here means queues, exchanges and bindings.
2.if the ram of a ram node is full or reach the "alert" level, how does it process new messages? Save them on the disk or just throw away? Will a ram node occupy disk space? if Yes, what is the category?
How nodes deal with messages has nothing to do with whether they're ram
or disc.

Both kinds of nodes will try to keep messages in memory (optionally
writing them to disk). If they're running out of memory, they'll begin
paging messages to disk (regardless of anything else). If they're
*really* running low on memory, they'll prevent publishers from sending
new messages.

RabbitMQ does not throw away messages.

Does this answer your questions?

Cheers,
Alex
"A node can be a RAM node or a disk node. RAM nodes keep their state only in memory (with the exception of the persistent contents of durable queues which are still stored safely on disc). Disk nodes keep state in memory and on disk."

I wonder what does the "state" mean on earth. It is just "the state of the cluster" or includes the messages?

2.if the ram of a ram node is full or reach the "alert" level, how does it process new messages? Save them on the disk or just throw away? Will a ram node occupy disk space? if Yes, what is the category?

Thanks all