From: Ravi Varadhan <rvaradha@jhsph.edu>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 4:23 pm
Subject: Re: [R] Computing the mode
I remember Prof. Ripley suggesting the "taut springs" approach to
estimating the modes, sometime ago in a posting to this group. I
would
be interested in knowing whether there is any R implementation of
this
approach (developed by Davies (1995)), for both non-parametric
regression and density estimation.

Ravi.