Grokbase Groups R r-help July 2003
Vincent:

Here is a simple solution using Prof. Bates' non-linear least squares
algorithm:

Best,
Ravi.
Phytopath <- data.frame(x=c(0, 0.03, 0.1), y=c(28, 21, 11))
Phyto.nls <- nls(y ~ Ymax/(1 + x/x50),data=Phytopath,start=list
(Ymax .0,x50=0.01),trace=T)
404.3058 : 20.00 0.01
15.76932 : 27.96313636 0.04960484
2.043625 : 28.2145584 0.0694645
1.851401 : 28.33886844 0.07198951
1.851231 : 28.34892493 0.07185953
1.851230 : 28.34843670 0.07186804
1.851230 : 28.3484688 0.0718675
summary(Phyto.nls)
Formula: y ~ Ymax/(1 + x/x50)

Parameters:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
Ymax 28.34847 1.31522 21.554 0.0295 *
x50 0.07187 0.01348 5.332 0.1180
---
Signif. codes: 0 `***' 0.001 `**' 0.01 `*' 0.05 `.' 0.1 ` ' 1

Residual standard error: 1.361 on 1 degrees of freedom

Correlation of Parameter Estimates:
Ymax
x50 -0.6001