On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Julio Alonso wrote:
have a problem to import a multiprocessing module. I am using Python 2.7 and
Windows 8. The program (.py) is executed since MS-DOS console.

If I run the program the output is "ImportError: No module named
multiprocessing".

If I execute "import multiprocessing" on Python Command Line I don't have
problems, but It isn't useful for my program, because I need to import since
my own file .py

What do you recommend me?. I need to get benefit from the process-based
parallelism and to use several processors.

Did you name your file multiprocessing.py? If so, simply rename it; it
should be fine.

Otherwise, try running "python -v your_script_name.py" and paste the
full output here, as text. Or at very least, paste the full exception
traceback that you're currently seeing. The exception gives a lot more
information than just its final message, and it helps a lot with
tracking down the problem.

ChrisA

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 9, '15 at 9:58p
activeSep 10, '15 at 5:39a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Julio Alonso: 1 post Chris Angelico: 1 post