On 9/8/2015 6:19 PM, Cody Piersall wrote:
On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 3:14 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
<PointedEars at web.de wrote:
Cody Piersall wrote:
Please respond to the list as well as the person you're actually
talking
to. It works out better for everyone that way. (You should just
have to

[Reply] should send the reply to the list.

?Better? as in ?getting/reading/downloading the same message *twice*??

The rule of thumb is: write here, read here.
Some people email the list, but aren't subscribed to it. So I guess a
better rule is to just reply-to-all for the OP?

Please no, not as a routine. I intentionally read python-list as a
newsgroup via gmane.news.org so I can pick messages as I feel like
without my mailbox being flooded. Anyone who want to read responses to
something they send can do so via gmane. Also, [Reply All] tends to
collect multiple CC names, and most people don't have the curtesy to
properly prune it.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

grouppython-list @