On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Nick Sarbicki wrote:
My question then is do you reply to all (with a clean cc list but including
an OP from outside the list) in response to a persons question, even if the
question is relatively simple.

For me it's appreciated so that you know someone is dealing with it. But
then it can also result in flooding your inbox.

Personally, what I do (which I'm doing with this post) is to use
Gmail's "reply-all" feature, and then manually delete the individual
addresses. Sometimes, half way through writing up a post, I decide to
send it privately rather than to the list, and then I delete the list
rather than the author. (Not usually with this list, though; more
often with Savoynet, where private replies are more common, and
there's no newsgroup equivalence.)

ChrisA

grouppython-list @
categoriespython