On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 4:09 AM, Ian Kelly wrote:
I would rather say, this would enhance the power and flexibility of the Python language even further.
Especially from the scripting point of view (without harm Python hardliner)
And by the way, I still believe that these changes would let Python overrun Javascript and PHP.
There would practically no more any reasons for Javascript+NodeJS and especially PHP.
I even think, a huge wave of developers would change then to Python.
Including webhosters which I think did not know or want not know anything about Python 3.x.
I think that you greatly exaggerate the impact of these changes, which
are all quite cosmetic in nature.

EVERYONE who suggests massive, sweeping changes says "hey, if you only
make these changes, Python will actually become popular". It's almost