On 9/6/2015 2:47 PM, Paulo da Silva wrote:
Hi!

I took a look at tkinter. It is pretty simple but it's very hard to
construct some relatively more complex widgets.

So I looked at pmw.
Because my system only have pmw for python2, I downloaded pmw2 from its
site and installed it manually using pysetup.py install.
Trying the examples ...:

First run Tools/Script/2to3.py to convert 2.x code to 3.x code. See the
docstring.

Some run fine.
Some just segfault!
Others crash with the folloing message:
"No such Pmw version 'on3-pmw-doc'. Using default version '2.0.0'"

Is there anybody using pmw who can explain possible reasons for this?

Should I use it for small apps that need:
1 or more canvas scrollable windows?
1 scrollable list with several (few) column editable fields?

Do I need to go to more complex system like wxwidgets or pyside (QT)?
I looked at the last one but, from the 1st steps, it seems too complex.

Thanks.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

grouppython-list @