claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) schreef:

In article <Xns94711F202CED8JanC at 213.119.4.35>,
JanC wrote:
My copy of Netscape 0.94beta for Windows has a file date of 1994-11-22.

And from the Grail docs:
"Grail was started in August 1995 as a quick and dirty demo. It quickly
became a serious project, as witnessed by the release of version 0.2 in
November 1995, and again by the planned release of version 0.3 (currently
in beta) in June 1996."
Yikes! Good research--and I'm always in favor of that.
I apologize for my error. It's certainly disquieting;
I had such a strong memory that Grail was around in
mid-'94 that I didn't verify the facts. What *was* I
thinking about?
Well, I didn't know Grail was that old, so I went searching.

But Netscape was largely based on Mosaic anyway; being developed by the
same developers. The beta I was talking about above still has a Mosaic
logo. ;-)

--
JanC