In article <Xns94711F202CED8JanC at 213.119.4.35>,
JanC wrote:
claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) schreef:
Not sure what the goals were, but I'm not sure they were to compete
with Netscape and IE. CNRI funding -- "R" for research -- seems to
Certainly not the *original* goal, because Grail antedated those
latecomers.
My copy of Netscape 0.94beta for Windows has a file date of 1994-11-22.

And from the Grail docs:
"Grail was started in August 1995 as a quick and dirty demo. It quickly
became a serious project, as witnessed by the release of version 0.2 in
November 1995, and again by the planned release of version 0.3 (currently
in beta) in June 1996."
.
.
.
Yikes! Good research--and I'm always in favor of that.
I apologize for my error. It's certainly disquieting;
I had such a strong memory that Grail was around in
mid-'94 that I didn't verify the facts. What *was* I
thinking about?

Thanks for correcting the mistake.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>