Krzysztof Stachlewski wrote:

"Carl" <phleum_nospam at chello.se> wrote in message
news:ryELb.238$tK2.228 at amstwist00...
I have been experimenting with numerical algorithms in Python with a
heavy use of the Numeric module. My experience is that Python is quite
fast in comparison with (and sometimes as fast as) traditional languages
such as C or C++.
With "heavy use of Numeric module" you were calling functions
written in C. So how can you say that Python is fast,
when C code is doing all the work.

Stach
Well, I guess you are right!

What I meant was that when I run my Python algorithm it runs "almost as fast
as" when I run similar code in C or C++. This is of course due to the
highly efficient Numeric module. However, the point is that Python is a
viable language from a numerical perspective.

Carl