On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 3:32 AM, Ron Adam wrote:
The ability for a format string or template to take a mapping is very
useful. Weather or not it's ok for that mapping to be from locals() is a
separate issue and depends on other factors as well. It may be perfectly
fine in some cases, but not so in others.

I think that's the most we're ever going to have in terms of
deprecations. None of the _functionality_ of any of the examples will
be going away, but some of them will be non-recommended ways of doing
certain things. I definitely agree that taking format values from a
mapping is useful.

ChrisA