On 5 September 2015 at 16:46, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
I still think an i18n-based architecture is the way to go, to minimize
such boilerplate (error-prone for translators) among other reasons.
Neither users nor translators need to see it, unless they want to see
"how'd they do that?" In which case, isn't more "educational" to show
them the way it's done in the real world?

Sorting out such procedural questions *iteratively* is one of the
reasons I think it's desirable to pursue this externally first. There
are a *lot* of possible options here, including using a full
translation platform like Zanata or Pootle to manage the interaction
with translators, and also a need to allow teachers of students that
aren't native English speakers to easily try out the revised module
*before* we commit to adding it to CPython.

Regards,
Nick.