On 5 September 2015 at 13:04, Guido van Rossum wrote:
I think it's too much effort for too little gain.

The motivation feels very weak; surely writing

os.system("echo " + message_from_user)

is just as easy (as is the %s spelling), so the security issue can hardly be
blamed on PEP 498.

That's fair - writing PEP 501 actually made *me* a lot more
comfortable with PEP 498.

Rather than asking for a pronouncement, I've marked 501 as Deferred -
I still think it's potentially interesting, but I also think it's
worth taking our time and seeing how far we can get with just eager
rendering. If cases emerge where the lack of delayed rendering support
is keenly felt, then it isn't hard to resurrect a deferred PEP.

Regards,
Nick.

grouppython-dev @
categoriespython
postedSep 5, '15 at 3:04a
activeSep 5, '15 at 3:48p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Guido van Rossum: 2 posts Nick Coghlan: 1 post