On 8/27/2015 12:35 AM, Chris Angelico wrote:
On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
None of the linux buildbots run with X enabled. Consequently none of the
tkinter (or tkinter user) gui tests are run on Linux. It was thus pointed
out to me, during discussion of using ttk widgets in Idle, that we do not
really know if ttk works on the variety of Linux systems (beyond the one
Serhiy uses) and that I should look into this.
If it helps, my buildbot has full GUI services, so if there's a simple
way to tell it to run the GUI tests every time, they should pass.

Somewhere your buildbot has a shell script to run that ends with a
command to start the tests. The commands are echoed to the buildbot
output. Here are two that I found.

./python ./Tools/scripts/run_tests.py -j 1 -u all -W --timeout600
... PCbuild\..\lib\test\regrtest.py" -uall -rwW -n --timeout 3600
(and python -m test ... should work)

If the command has -ugui (included in -uall) *and* a graphics system can
be initiated (X on Linux), then the gui resource is marked present and
gui tests will run.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

grouppython-dev @