On 8/25/2015 10:51 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:11:37 -0000, "Papa, Florin" wrote:
My name is Florin Papa and I work in the Server Languages Optimizations Team at Intel Corporation.

I would like to submit a patch that solves compatibility issues of the django_v2 benchmark in the Grand Unified Python Benchmark. The django_v2 benchmark uses inspect.getargspec(), which is deprecated and was removed in Python 3.6. Therefore, it crashes with the message "ImportError: cannot import name 'getargspec'" when using the latest version of Python on the default branch.

The patch modifies the benchmark to use inspect.signature() when Python version is 3.6 or above and keep using inspect.getargspec() otherwise.
Note that Papa has submitted the patch to the tracker:

http://bugs.python.org/issue24934

I'm not myself sure how we are maintaining that repo
(https://hg.python.org/benchmarks), but it does seem like the bug
tracker is the right place for such a patch.

Is the django_v2 benchmark original to benchmarks, or a copy from django?

--
Terry Jan Reedy

grouppython-dev @
categoriespython