Am 04.01.15 00:34, schrieb Steve Dower:
so I'm keen to hear whatever feedback people have.

One issue that I always wanted to address is patch releases. There are
two aspects I dislike about the current implementation

a) an upgrade install first uninstalls the previous installation
(removing all files), and then reinstalls all "new" files. In many patch
releases, a lot of .py files remain unmodified, so it should
speed up the upgrade if they would not need to be replaced.
b) Installer supports patch files (.msp); I always wanted to provide
them in the hope that this would reduce the download size. IIUC, it
would require stable component IDs for components to be upgraded, which
I could not manage to provide.

So, do you have any plans on dealing with a or b?

Other issues:
- what MSI version do you require, and what is the minimum
   Windows version supporting that MSI version?
- Since you are going to install into Program Files by default,
   I think the library should be precompiled by default - there
   is little chance that a regular user can save .pyc files when
   running Python. It might be possible to even include the pyc
   files in the distribution, if we can arrange to somehow support
   relative paths in co_filename.

Regards,
Martin