On 9 Sep 2015 01:47, "Betsy Waliszewski" wrote:
I do like this suggestion:

The idea here is address the concern that using the same level names
would confuse sponsors. By folding PyCon US and PSF sponsorships into a
single package, we could use the industry standard level names for those
packages, avoid confusion, attract more PSF sponsors and increase our
overall sponsorship levels.
So the idea is that a PSF Sponsor would also be a PyCon sponsor? When I
was at O'Reilly, that's exactly what I wanted. It was always confusing to
me that the PSF sponsorship was separate from the PyCon participation/
sponsorship.

Yeah, I also think it would be a good way to simplify things. As far as I
know, the main blocker was finding someone with the time to work through
the logistical and financial details and present a concrete proposal to the
Board for consideration. (The last serious discussions on the topic were
before I joined the Board though, so I could be wrong on that front)

There's also an interesting question as to how such a model would interact
with the "International PyCon Prospectus" idea, since PyCon US anchors the
"Americas Bundle" in the draft proposal.

Regards,
Nick.