On 5 September 2015 at 09:03, Betsy Waliszewski via psf-marketing-wg wrote:
Hi,

These two levels were never named and it would be good to do that and to add
them to the web site.

RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation add sponsorship levels at
$50,000 and $100,000 levels, and design an associated benefits program for
those supporting the PSF.
Approved 9-0-0 by IRC vote, 1 November, 2013.

I believe the suggestion at the time was to move away from the current
naming scheme and over to the same naming scheme used for PyCon US
sponsorships (and many other organisations):

Diamond: $100,000/year
Platinum: $50,000/year
Gold: $20,000/year
Silver: $10,000/year
Bronze: $5,000/year
Standard: $2,000/year

There isn't anything specifically linked to the current
Benefactor/Principal/Patron naming scheme, so switching to the more
common Diamond/Platinum/et al naming makes sense to me.

There's an old page on the PSF wiki that included that and other idea:
https://wiki.python.org/psf/Board/marketing-psf

Regards,
Nick.

grouppsf-marketing-wg @
categoriespython
postedSep 4, '15 at 11:03p
activeSep 9, '15 at 12:03a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Betsy Waliszewski: 4 posts Nick Coghlan: 2 posts