I just posted this on pydev

---
None of the linux buildbots run with X enabled. Consequently none of
the tkinter (or tkinter user) gui tests are run on Linux. It was thus
pointed out to me, during discussion of using ttk widgets in Idle, that
we do not really know if ttk works on the variety of Linux systems
(beyond the one Serhiy uses) and that I should look into this.

I asked on python-list for help, by linux users running
python3 -m test -ugui test_tk test_ttk_guionly test_idle

Seven people did so with Debian Jessie, Debian Wheezy, Gentoo, Mint,
openSUSE, and Ubuntu (x2). One machine failed once with the ttk test,
and then passed. Another failed the tk test until a mis-configuration
was fixed. So tkinter, and ttk in particular, seems to be working on linux.
---

So I will start looking at use-ttk patches.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

groupidle-dev @
categoriespython