On 7 September 2015 at 01:37, Marcus Smith wrote:

then bundles the system
version back up with rewheel for installation into Python virtual
environments.

this "bundles the system version back up" step happens when?

When ensurepip.bootstrap() runs - Fedora's system Python is patched to
do that rather than install from the embedded wheel files (technically
it falls back to the latter code path, but we omit those from the
Fedora system Python package and include a runtime dependency on
python-pip and python-setuptools instead).

which fedora version did this start?

I think it was F21 (Dec 2014), may have been F22 (May 2015).

Cheers,
Nick.

groupdistutils-sig @
categoriespython
postedSep 4, '15 at 5:02a
activeSep 6, '15 at 11:23p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Nick Coghlan: 2 posts Marcus Smith: 2 posts