On 5 September 2015 at 16:43, Nick Coghlan wrote:
On 5 September 2015 at 14:24, Marcus Smith wrote:
I don't have a specific problem with the specs living somewhere else
as well, I just don't think moving a lengthy document full of edge cases
from one location to another is going to make things better
If I may, I don't think that really captures Nick's idea.
Right, having more user friendly introductions on packaging.python.org
is a good idea, but it's a separate question. To address that specific
problem, we can paraphrase the semantic versioning compatibility
section from PEP 440:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/#semantic-versioning

I filed a PR along those lines, inserting it as a new subsection under
"Configuring your project"

And the link for that:
https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide/pull/163

Cheers,