Am 10.02.15 um 18:33 schrieb Donald Stufft:
Can you please elaborate on that position? Why is it useful to have
separate accounts on separate systems?
Sure.

Thanks! Just one comment - without the desire to get into a long-winded
discussion.

1. I feel like the goal of federated auth has failed in general and is unlikely
to ever succeed. As a user of websites I have over 400 different entries in
my password manager, even if 50% of them implement federated auth (which I
feel like is a high number but that's not backed by math, just gut feeling)
that's still over 200 entries I need to maintain in my password manager. In
this case federated auth has not meaningfully reduced the burden of
maintaining password for me since maintaining 200 isn't any easier than 400
and instead it just complicates my login flow

I think this is your personal usage primarily. A lot of user just avoid
having to use a password manager, and use the same password on many
systems. (Of course, many people also *do* use different passwords, and
some also use passwords managers)

Regards,
Martin

groupdistutils-sig @