On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 04:31:37PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> writes:
Jonathan S. Katz wrote
Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. We list >= 5 events on the homepage instead of 3.)
Given the way the page is laid out (with that column being shared with
training) this is not going to be an effective use of space. We'd need
some actual redesign not just a quick s/3/5/.
A short blurb like "showing 5 of 17 events
in the next 3 months - click <here> to view all of them" could point people
further into the bowels of the website/wiki.
We've already got a "More" link for that purpose. I think the real
problem here is that the "More" link looks like it's for more training,
not more events. Can we just move the "More/Submit/RSS" line up above
"Upcoming Training", so it looks like it has something to do with events?
I think that might be a sufficient fix all by itself.
Agreed. The "More" needs to be moved, and the Events and Training need
to be split into separate pages.

   EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

grouppgsql-www @
categoriespostgresql