KONDO Mitsumasa writes:
My patches option difinition is here.
[mitsu-ko@localhost pgbench]$ ./pgbench --help
~
-N, --no-checkpoint do not run CHECKPOINT after initialization
~
In latest commited pgbench, -N is "--skip-some-updates skip updates of
pgbench_tellers and pgbench_branches". But I cannot understand why -N is this
option, so I set this option -u, and -N is "do not run CHECKPOINT option".
What do you think?
I think it's a bad idea to change the meaning of a pre-existing option
letter, and a worse idea to change pgbench's default behavior. Instead,
have the option be "--checkpoint do a CHECKPOINT after initialization".

It doesn't look like there's any free single-letter option that goes
nicely with "checkpoint" either, but that's life.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 30, '13 at 7:49a