Robert Haas writes:
On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
The reason this crashes is that the planner doesn't apply
default-insertion to WindowFunc nodes, only to FuncExprs.
I'm not sure I agree. Under that approach, any functions that have
already been created like that will still crash the server. A
malicious user could create a function like this now and wait to
crontab it until the day he's leaving the company. Or there are more
accidental scenarios as well.
The crash is only possible because the underlying internal-language
function doesn't sanity-check its input enough to catch the case of too
few arguments. As such, it's not that different from hundreds of other
cases where a superuser can cause a crash by misdeclaring the arguments to
an internal-language function. So I don't find your argument compelling.
I'd even say this was user error, except that it's not obvious that this
case shouldn't work.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql