Alexander Korotkov writes:
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Kohei KaiGai wrote:
It is out of scope for this feature. We usually calls this type of
information leakage "covert channel"; that is not avoidable in principle.
I think there is another "covert channel" much more serious than
constrains. You can gather information about hidden data by reading query
plans.
I'm not convinced by this argument that covert channels are "out of
scope". That would be a fine justification for, say, a thesis topic.
However, what we're talking about here is a real-world feature that will
be of no real-world use if it can't stand up against rather obvious attack
techniques. I'm not interested in carrying the maintenance and runtime
overhead of a feature that's only of academic value.

    regards, tom lane