Alvaro Herrera writes:
Here's a patch to move src/port/pgcheckdir.c to src/common/checkdir.c
and add the shareable part of postmaster's current checkDataDir code
into it, as pg_check_dir_permissions. This is in the spirit of using it
in pgstat to check the directory defined by stats_temp_directory.
(This is basically the same patch I posted earlier, except the file is
now in src/common instead of src/port.)
Okay for HEAD, but ...
Barring objections I intend to push this to 9.3 and HEAD shortly.
What exactly is the argument for pushing this into 9.3? Since we
are past rc1, we should treat that branch as released. If you wouldn't
back-patch into all supported branches, you shouldn't be patching 9.3
either.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 27, '13 at 9:54p
activeAug 28, '13 at 3:00p
websitepostgresql.org...
irc#postgresql

2 users in discussion

Alvaro Herrera: 2 posts Tom Lane: 2 posts