Heikki Linnakangas writes:
On 27.08.2013 03:26, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 5:17 AM, David Fetterwrote:
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:29:06PM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
While looking at the pg_restore code, I noticed that while it
supports specifying multiple --table options to restore several
tables, it does not support multiple --function options. Or --index,
--schema, or --trigger.

The support for multiple --table options was added in 9.3, in
January. See http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAK3UJRG+yV1mK5twLfKVMCwXH4f6PnJou6Rn=ecabyfQH1vVHg@mail.gmail.com.
Was there a particular reason for only doing it for --table, or was
it just an oversight or lack of interest? No doubt that --table is
the most interesting one, but IMHO the other options should behave
the same, for the sake of consistency.
+1 for making them consistent. There will also be an improvement in
usability.
+1. It would be good to have consistency there for all the objects.
Would anyone object to backpatching that change to 9.3 ? The risk seems
very small, and it would be good to do the other options in the same
release as --table. It was an oversight to only do it for --table in 9.3.
Assuming no objections, I'll apply the attached patch to 9.3 and master
later tonight.
I object, strongly. This is a feature addition, and has no business going
in post-rc1, especially with no time for review.

As far as the function case goes, I'm not really thrilled about layering
more functionality on that until we've come to some understanding about
how to select from a group of overloaded functions. It may be that this
is orthogonal to that issue ... or maybe not. I don't have any objection
to fixing the non-function cases, as long as it's only in HEAD.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 26, '13 at 7:29p