Heikki Linnakangas writes:
As the code stands, you have to pass the argument types to the
--function flag, ie. --function="myfunc(integer)". It's annoyingly picky
about the spelling, as the it has to match exactly what pg_dump prints,
but it does handle selecting one function from a group of overloaded
ones.
Oh --- OK, I was misremembering. I recalled that people weren't happy
with the handling of --function, but had the details wrong.

[pokes around]

I think really the issues are (1) it only works in pg_restore, not
pg_dump, and (2) there's no wildcard matching (the pickiness about
argument type name spelling being perhaps a subset of that).

It's probably true that accepting multiple patterns doesn't preclude
solving either of those, and indeed might help users work around (2).
So nevermind that objection. But I still say this is all too late
for 9.3.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql