Robert Haas writes:
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
BTW, I notice that the MVCC-catalog-scans patch summarily asserts that
RenumberEnumType no longer poses any concurrency hazards. I doubt that's
true: isn't it still possible that pg_enum rows acquired through the
syscaches will have inconsistent enumsortorder values, if they were
read at different times? If you want to examine enumsortorder, you really
need to be comparing rows you know were read with the *same* snapshot.
Good point, I missed that. Here's a proposed comment patch.
Looks sane to me.

    regards, tom lane

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql