On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM, MauMau wrote:
One of my colleagues, who is relatively new to PostgreSQL, asked me if
PostgreSQL supports Solaris 11. The reason why he had this question is that
the following page says "Solaris 10" instead of "Solaris 10 and later".

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/kernel-resources.html

So, I suggest this tiny modification to avoid misunderstanding. In
addition, I suggest removing references to OpenSolaris because OpenSolaris
is already discontinued.

I'm attaching one patch file. Could you commit this change?
Just because OpenSolaris is discontinued doesn't mean we don't support
it. It looks like it has been unsupported for ~3 years at this point
- not sure if that is long enough to remove the documentation
reference.

The patch looks otherwise sensible, but I note that we don't actually
have any Buildfarm members running Solaris > 10. So do we know for
sure that everything works there? Should we try to get one set up
before claiming we support the platform?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

grouppgsql-hackers @