On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 08:38:52AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Amit Kapila (amit.kapila16@gmail.com) wrote:
If both are okay, then I would like to go with second option (include
file mechanism).
I think by default, we should allow auto file to be included and if
user faces any problem or otherwise,
then he can decide to disable it.
If it's enabled by default, then we need to ship an 'auto' file which is
empty by default...
initdb will create the empty auto file. If we don't enable by default,
then if user uses
ALTER SYSTEM and do sighup/restart, changed config parameter values
will not come into affect
until he manually enables it by removing '#' from '#include'.
Just a heads-up, but a lot of C language folks are going to look at:

#include abc

and think that is enabled.

   EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com