On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
So do we want to keep that "AND" in the 9.3beta and 9.4 documentation?
The grammar as in gram.y still allows the AND form, and I think we're
used to maintain documentation that matches the code here. So I think it
makes sense to remove both capabilities as we failed to deliver any
other filter.

But if we wanted to clean that, what about having the grammar check for
the only one item we support rather than waiting until into
CreateEventTrigger() to ereport a syntax error?
I have found that it's generally better to recognize such errors in
the post-parse phase rather than during parsing. When you start
adding more options, that tends to quickly become the only workable
option anyway.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company