On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
The reason for that is that when we do the AtEO(Sub)?Xact_Inval(), we've
already done a RecordTransactionAbort(true|false) and
CurrentTransactionState->state = TRANS_ABORT. So the visibility routines
have enough information to consider rows created by the aborted
transaction as invisible.

I am not really happy with the RelationReloadIndexInfo()s in
RelationClearRelation() when we're in an aborted state, especially as
the comment surrounding them are clearly out of date, but I don't see a
bug there anymore.
How can it be safe to try to read catalogs if the transaction is aborted?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

grouppgsql-hackers @