On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
heap_deform_tuple and slot_deform_tuple contain duplicated code. This
patch refactors them so that the guts are in a single place.

I have checked the resulting assembly code for heap_deform_tuple, and
with the "inline" declaration, the gcc version I have (4.7.2) generates
almost identical output both after the patch than before, thus there
shouldn't be any slowdown.
Although I'm generally in favor of eliminating duplicated code, I have
to admit that in this case I'm not sure I see the point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

grouppgsql-hackers @