On 22 June 2013 05:17, Amit kapila wrote:

On Friday, June 21, 2013 11:48 PM Robert Haas wrote:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
Auto.conf - 1 Vote (Josh)
System.auto.conf - 1 Vote (Josh)
Postgresql.auto.conf - 2 Votes (Zoltan, Amit)
Persistent.auto.conf - 0 Vote
generated_by_server.conf - 1 Vote (Peter E)
System.conf - 1 Vote (Magnus)
alter_system.conf - 1 Vote (Alvaro)
I had consolidated the list, so that it would be helpful for committer
decide among proposed names for this file.
I'll also vote for postgresql.auto.conf.
Thanks to all of you for suggesting meaningful names. I will change the
name of file to postgresql.auto.conf.
Kindly let me know if there is any objection to it.
postgresql.auto.conf is similar enough to postgresql.conf that it will
prevent tab completion from working as it does now. As a result it will
cause people to bring that file up for editing when we wish to avoid that.

So for me the name is not arbitrary because of that point and we should
avoid the current choice.

Can we go for auto.postgresql.conf instead .... almost identical, just
significantly visually different and not interfering with tab completion?

--
  Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/