On 26 June 2013 09:09, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:

- How about pageinspect?

I proposed a simple representation format as a basis for
discussion. Nevertheless, the VM pages has no more structure
than a simple bit string. Given the VM info in pg_freespacemap,
I've come in doubt of the necessity of vm_page_contnets() for
the reason besides the orthogonality in the this extension's
interface (which paid no attention before:-).
I don't think that will be needed, now I understand.

- How about pgstattuple?

It could even be said to be meaningful to add the number of
not-all-visible pages or the ratio of it in the total pages..
postgres=# select * from pgstattuple('t');
-[ RECORD 1 ]----------------+---------
table_len | 88711168
tuple_count | 600001
tuple_len | 26400044
tuple_percent | 29.76
dead_tuple_count | 399999
dead_tuple_len | 17599956
dead_tuple_percent | 19.84
free_space | 33607960
free_percent | 37.88
+ not_all_visible_page_percent | 23.54

# This column name looks too long, though.
Yes, please.

But name should be all_visible_percent.
Anybody that wants not_all_visible_percent can do the math.

--
  Simon Riggs http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

grouppgsql-hackers @
categoriespostgresql