Someday we can move this to /port, but for now, let's get it into CVS.

and approves it.

Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD wrote:
Apparently it won't work at all if TMP isn't set?
I'm not *too* concerned about that, since TMP is normally set by the
OS
itself. There's one set in the "system environment" (to
c:\windows\temp
or whatrever) and then it's overridden by one set by the OS when it
loads a user profile.
OK, then maybe not having it would be equivalent to /tmp-not-writable
on Unix, ie, admin error.
Also to the point, what would you fall back to?
Current directory maybe?
It tries \ (tested on Win 2000), if the dir argument is NULL and TMP is
not set.
But TMP is usually set.

Attached is a working version not yet adapted to port/.
- memoryleak fixed
- use _tmpname and _fdopen not the compatibility tmpname and fdopen
(imho only cosmetic)
- EACCES fixed (Win2000 needs _S_IREAD | _S_IWRITE or fails with EACCES,
even as Admin)
- I suggest adding a prefix pg_temp_ (for leftover temp files after
crash,
the name I get is then usually pg_temp_2)

Andreas

[ Attachment, skipping... ]
TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
--