Volkan YAZICI wrote:
To mention about the followed implementation, it needed some hack on
pqParseInput3() code to make it understand if a received message is
a reponse to a Describe ('D') query or to another tuple returning
query. To summarize problem, there're two possible forms of a 'D'
response:

1. Description of a prepared statement: t, T, Z
2. Description of a portal: T, Z

The problem is, AFAICS, it's not possible to distinguish between a tuple
returning query (T, ..., C, Z or T, E) and a description of a portal (T,
Z). Therefore, I've created a global flag (parsing_row_desc) which is
turned on when we receive a 'T' and turned off if we receive a 'C' or
'E'. It's a kind of ugly method but the only solution I could come up
with.
The problem with this solution is that it is not thread-safe. Perhaps
you can use a per-PGconn boolean?

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us

grouppgsql-hackers @