On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:33:42AM +0200, Ivan Radovanovic wrote:
On 08/15/13 05:23, Michael Paquier napisa:
On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 6:00 AM, Bruce Momjianwrote:
Try psql -E, and run the \dT command to see the query it uses.
You have also the following commands:
- ¥dT+, all types with addition information like its size ('var' is
for example variable length)
- ¥dTS+, this includes also the catalog types

Regards,
Hi Michael and Bruce,

Thank you for taking your time to reply.

If I run \dTS+ that returns something that resembles information I
need, but it is still missing info if type can have precision, and
apparently aliases are missing (no decimal for numeric, no character
for char and so on). Additionally it would be great if I could
somehow also get information if type can be indexed.
Well, some of that mapping happens in src/backend/parser/gram.y,
particularly the "Numeric" rule. The meaning of the precision/scale is
type-specific, but if you do -E and \d tablename, you can see how the
modifiers are shown for user-defined columns.

   EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql
postedAug 14, '13 at 12:17p