On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 03:17:00PM -0700, Jeff Janes wrote:
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 02:15:25PM -0700, Joe Van Dyk wrote:
Mostly just curious, as this is preventing me from using tab-separated output.
I'd like there to be a header in my files. I have to use CSVs instead.
[ "this" means the fact that COPY doesn't support the HEADER option. ]

We assume CSV is going to be read into a tool that can use the header
names; delimited files don't usually have a use for those headers.
There have been a few cases where I wanted this, too. I can see why
implementing it is less important than having it for CSV, but is there
a reason to consider this harmful for TEXT format? I.e. if someone
submitted a patch, would it be rejected?
I see no reason _not_ to support it, so sure, either we add this to 9.4,
or add it to the TODO list.

   EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

grouppgsql-general @
categoriespostgresql