Tom Lane wrote:
The odds of that syntax getting accepted may not be exactly zero, but
they are certainly vanishingly small. I thought we'd agreed that a
usable syntax would be like
get_employee_salary(12345 AS emp_id, 2001 AS tax_year)
TODO updated, but I thought "=>" was the Oracle syntax.
So? We don't support Oracle's brain-dead outer join syntax either.
We had reasonable problems with Oracle's outer-join syntax, while I
don't see the same fundamental issue with => vs AS, and PL/pgSQL is
patterned on Oracle's PL/SQL.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us

grouppgsql-committers @