On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jul 2014, Dmitry Stogov wrote:

I can only agree here.

I'd like a clean API. We need to consider PHP-Next jump as an
opportunity to clean our API and finally have something
understandable for a newcomer, and documented. That's a move nobody
dared to take in the last decade, degrading more and more our
codebase in term of understandability and flexibility. This can't
last
I'm more than agree about internal cleanup. phpng benchmark results
proved that we take the right direction and now we implemented most
the ideas we had. Note that we tried not to change PHP behaviour in
any way. Now it's a good time to start the cleanup work.
Actually, I think that should be done after merging / changing it to
master. Right now, the phpng vs master branch differences are ... rather
large. It'd be good to do additional cleanup in smaller chunks later on
as it makes it a lot easier to review those changes.
Review and changes in the feature(s) branch, then propose when ready.
This is also why I asked to do so in the 1st days when phpng was
proposed: Stop adding new changes, cleanup, stabilize, propose,
continue the work. They refused it and now we should do it in the most
ugly way? Merging into master or even worst replace master with
something we have no idea about? Seriously?

--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org